Are you a proud owner of a Xiaomi scooter?
Do you love riding it around the city, enjoying the breeze and the freedom?
If so, you might have encountered a common problem that many Xiaomi scooter users face: the power button not working.
This can be a very annoying and frustrating issue, as it prevents you from turning on and off your scooter, switching between modes, and checking the battery level. You might wonder why this happens and how to fix it.
Don’t worry, we have got you covered.
In this article, we will explain why the Xiaomi scooter power button is not working and how to fix it in 7 easy ways. We will also provide you with some helpful tips and resources that will help you troubleshoot and repair your scooter.
By the end of this article, you will be able to enjoy your Xiaomi scooter again without any hassle. Let’s get started!
#1. Battery Depletion
If the battery is completely drained, the power button may not respond when pressed. Ensure that the scooter is adequately charged before attempting to power it on.
#2. Faulty Power Button
The power button itself may be faulty or damaged, preventing it from registering presses. Check for physical damage or signs of wear on the button.
#3. Water Damage
Exposure to water or moisture can damage electronic components, including the power button. If the scooter was exposed to water, it might be causing the button to malfunction.
#4. Software Glitch
Sometimes, software issues can cause the power button to become unresponsive. This could be due to a firmware problem or a bug in the scooter’s operating system.
#5. Connection Issues
There might be loose or disconnected wires inside the scooter, leading to a lack of communication between the power button and the rest of the system.
#6. Battery or Charger Problems
If the battery or charger is faulty, it might not provide enough power to turn on the scooter, even when the power button is pressed.
Some scooters have a safety feature that prevents them from turning on when they are too hot. If the scooter’s components are overheating, the power button may not work until the system cools down.
How to Fix Xiaomi Scooter Fauly Power Button?
1. Disconnect the battery power (large red and black wires to the control board) and connect the charger to the scooter for about 30 seconds (do not touch anything while charging).
Then unplug the charger and reconnect the battery power. Then try to turn your scooter back on with the power button. This might work if the bug is temporary.
2. Perform a software hard reset by pressing and holding the scooter’s power button for 1 minute. This might work if the problem is caused by a software glitch.
3. Reset the scooter through settings. You can do this by connecting your scooter to the Mi Home app on your smartphone and going to Settings > Reset Device. This might work if the problem is caused by a wrong setting.
4. Reset the scooter electrically by pressing the reset button after turning off the scooter and waiting for about 5 minutes. The reset button is located under the rubber cap on the side of the battery compartment. This might work if the problem is caused by an electrical fault.
5. Press the power button, throttle, and brake lever simultaneously and hold them all for over 3 seconds. This might work if the problem is caused by a firmware error.
6. Turn on your Xiaomi phone without using the power button. You can do this by plugging in your phone to a charger or a computer, or by using a voice command such as “Hey Google, turn on my phone”. This might work if the problem is caused by a broken power button.
7. Contact a professional repair service or Xiaomi customer support for further assistance. You can also watch some YouTube videos that show how to fix the power button issue, such as this one or this one.
This might be necessary if none of the other solutions work or if you are not comfortable with opening your scooter or phone.
I hope this article helps you solve your problem and enjoy your Xiaomi products again. Please let me know if you have any other questions or requests. 😊